Friday, February 4, 2011

{little treasures}


Every night we get into bed we both have socks on.
Somewhere between 11 pm and 5 am a phenomenon occurs.
One of us is barefoot.
As I lay in bed last night with my mind reeling, my husbands breathing slowed into a rhythmic lullaby. Taking note of how very much I love him and am thankful he is my husband, my love for him grew even more when his little feet started to dance.
It was then i realized that even in his sleep he is a joy.
It was just like that.
The socks were off.
Making my bed this morning the covers just weren't laying right at the bottom. I slipped my hands under there, and like so many times before discovered not one, but 3 pairs of socks all waiting to make it to the laundry basket.
It's these little things that my heart treasures so much: it's a warm wool sock kind of love.

4 comments:

  1. I know you two are not perfect, but you ARE perfect for each other!
    Loving your cold little feet from Tacoma!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I found your blog! I know about the socks - except for Tim and I - it's me who kicks them off in the night. He always finds them. I finally started going to bed without them on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this so much. Thank you for inviting me in.

    ReplyDelete