Wednesday, March 9, 2011

{oaks of righteousness}

I love.....are you shocked that I'm about to tell you how much I love something?!
I love how it seems that often God tends to teach me something lots of times in lots of different areas in my life.
Recently I have been reading a book called Pleasures Evermore by Sam Storms with some of my dear Chicago girls and it has caused me to plunge my little heart and soul into really and deeply understanding how He truly is the highest most satisfying delight!
And THAN I am reading another book that hits on idols of the heart....point: nothing else satisfies like Jesus!
hello!
My little heart is stirred to see His beauty more and want others to see it too.
I'm reading about it, I'm talking about it, I'm writing a song about it(future post, it just seems to be everywhere.
I was reading this morning and Isaiah 61:3 says
" To grant those who mourn in Zion, giving them a garland instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting. SO THEY will be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord THAT He may be glorified"
With out Him I am left mourning, fainting, oily ;), and ashy.... wanting, confused, fearful, disappointed, and dissatisfied.
He is better.

2 comments:

  1. Kel,
    Bless you for the encouragement.
    Love,
    your sometimes mourning, fainting, oily mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to hear about what you are learning and how you are growing in your knowledge and desire for the Lord. What a blessing! Love you friend ;)

    ReplyDelete